Participants are invited to submit original abstracts for oral or poster presentations. The abstract submission system will be available from Monday 3 June 2019
IMPORTANT NOTE: All accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of Hospital Ethics.
Deadline for abstract submission is Friday 18 October 2019.
Guidelines for abstract submission
- Interested persons who would like to present oral or poster presentations are invited to submit an abstract for consideration for inclusion in the academic programme.
- Only abstracts submitted online will be considered by the Scientific Review Committee.
- Faxes or emails will not be accepted.
- The abstract, if based on empirical research, should include the following headings: introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion. For conceptual pieces, there should be an introduction, discussion and conclusion.
- The Scientific Review Committee reserves the right to select papers and posters for presentation.
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged via a confirmatory email.
- The meeting rooms are equipped with data projectors thus MS PowerPoint or Prezi will be accepted.
- Conflict of Interest: If the research is funded (partially or fully) by a proprietary organisation, a statement to that effect must be included with the abstract.
- Please note that only 1 submission will be allowed per presenter due to possible programme limitations.
- Please read the submission requirements carefully as submissions will not be changed later. Where possible, abstracts will be published as received and the organisers reserve the right to make changes for editing purposes. It is the responsibility of the main author to ensure that submitted abstracts have been edited before submission to minimise errors in the programme.
- All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the congress by Friday 29 November 2019. If no registration and payment for the congress has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme. This measure has been taken to overcome any “no-shows” disrupting the programme.
- Online abstract submissions open on Monday 3 June 2019 and remain open until the deadline of Friday 18 October 2019.
- Please submit your abstract as per the detailed instructions in one of the following categories:
- Exploring diversity in philosophical approaches on CECs
- Origins and Migration
- Clinical Ethics, the Law and Society
- Beginning and end of life conflicts and cultural pluralism
- Emerging technologies and Clinical Ethics
- Clinical ethics dilemmas across gender boundaries
- Create account
- Create a log in account by following this abstract registration link. NOTE that you should be on a screen showing the conference name when you create your account. If you already have an account please follow the registration link as well, as this will link your account to the relevant conference submission system.
- Log in and add abstract
- Log into the system by entering your email address and password. Go to ‘My abstracts’ in the menu and click on the ‘Add abstract’ button, click ‘Submit’ when you are done. Your abstract is saved on the system and you can submit it for review if everything is correct.
- Submit for review
- Once you are satisfied with your abstract, you need to submit it to the reviewers by clicking on the ‘Submit for review’ button.
- Amend your abstract
- Log into the system by entering your email address and password. Go to ‘My abstracts’ in the menu and click on the abstract title. Edit your abstract as per the recommendations and click ‘Submit for review’.
Important Note: Only abstracts submitted online via the abstract submission system can be accepted. Abstracts sent directly by e-mail, or fax cannot be accepted.
Electronic Poster Exhibition
In the spirit of going green, posters at ICCEC 2020 will be displayed in electronic format.
- consists of a one-page electronic poster
- should focus on one of tracks of the conference as stipulated on the website.
- will be displayed on a LCD screen in the foyer of the Spier Conference Centre.
- will display every 5 minutes, as part of a rotational loop
- will support the carbon neutral objective of ICCEC 2020
It is envisioned that the e-poster will ignite conversations about the conference theme and sub-themes.